For your convenience, we have tried to put together some of the most frequent questions we get from our customers. If your question isn’t answered here you can always e-mail us firstname.lastname@example.org
- Do you have any stock coins or dies?
- Can I have a sample made first?
- Is there a minimum quantity i have to buy?
- How long would does it take to make my coins?
- Where are you located?
- What is Hard Enamel? Is it just epoxy?
- My coin supplier has let me down, can you help me?
- Are your coins made in America? If not, why not?
- Why should I use Pride Coins?
- Can I call you to set up an order?
- Who will I be dealing with?
- Ok, so you claim fast service now but how about when things are really busy?
- Do I have to buy thousands of coins?
- Can Pride Coins supply large quantities?
- Can I rush an order?
- Can Pride Coins make oversized custom challenge coins and medals?
- How do I know I will like my coins once they are done?
- Can you get very small detail on my custom coins?
- Can Pride Coins help me to choose the best design options for my coin?
- “I already placed my order, but have to postpone it..can I do that?”
2. Can I have a sample made first?
Yes you can, but we require payment of the die fee, and a sample charge before we can proceed. Any change to the die after the sample production would entail another die fee since we would have to manufacture a whole new die. We encourage customers to be as sure of the design as possible before minting a sample.
3.Is there a minimum quantity i have to buy?
Minimum order should be 50 pcs – depending on the order, we can waive from the minimum requirement. Just let us know your needs and we will give you an answer based on your specific request.
6. What is Hard Enamel? Is it just epoxy?
Hard enamel (also called ‘imitation hard enamel’) is an enamel and epoxy mix that makes for a uniquely looking, beautiful coin! Unlike epoxy, there is no “bubble” – hard enamel leaves a flat finish that gives the coin a rich and distinguished appearance. We highly recommend this option for all presentation coins.
7. My coin supplier has let me down, can you help me?
With pleasure. There seems to be an influx of new companies offering coins for incredibly low prices without being capable of providing a quality product. Most of these companies are trying to establish themselves and they do this by offering inferior coins that nine times out of ten leave customers disappointed. Pride Coins has been around for over 15 years and looks back at a solid track record, and we have done pretty much the opposite of these companies: we have searched the world over for the highest quality metals and craftsmanship.
8. Are your coins made in America? If not, why not?
Unfortunately, most of our coins are not made in America. We have made coins in the US and we do have the ability to make them here, but price is a huge factor. American made coins usually carry a die fee ranging from $300 – $1000 dollars – per side! In addition to the die fees the coins are probably twice as much and the cost per color ranges from $0.25 to $0.50 per color/per side. Most budgets just don’t allow for this. If you do have a budget that will allow for this type of coin please feel free to let us know you want your coins made in the USA! We would be more than happy to make them right here!
A sad trend has started where some companies are claiming their coins are made here in the United States, but are actually imported. If you are not paying close to what is outlined above then your coins are in all likelihood not being made in the US.
9. Why should I use Pride Coins?
Whether you buy coin once a year or every day, we want your inquiries and orders, and promise you the same reliable service. We love making beautiful coins and it shows in our work and customer service.Also, the close relationship to our parent company, Huber & Associates, allows us to offer you custom-printed t-shirts of highest quality standards – many of our customers love the idea of having a t-shirt that is depicting either their coin, or elements of the coin design.
10. Can I call you to set up an order?
Due to the nature of custom-made products, we do not encourage to communicate about designs & orders over the phone. E-mail is not only the cheapest and fastest way to discuss details, but it also leaves both you and us, with a proper ‘trail’ of corresponding information. There is just too much risk that details are lost or misunderstood over the phone. We try to reserve our phone lines for emergencies and payment arrangement.
12. Ok, so you claim fast service now but how about when things are really busy?
We have developed a system that allows us to maintain our speedy service even during what we consider to be the peak times of the year.
13. Do I have to buy thousands of coins?
No. We once had an order for one coin that was to be used in a movie. From an economical standpoint: quantities of 100 pcs and more will give you the best cost – the more we can manufacture of one design, the more efficient and cheaper manufacturing gets. This is a savings we pass over to you..
15. Can I rush an order?
Yes, in many cases, but please verify with us, first. If we’re able to, rush orders can be placed for an additional $0.25 per coin. Rush order times vary on the complexity and size of the order, as well as the time of the year. Still, if your deadline is looming we do our very best to accommodate. There may also be extra shipping charges for Express shipments.
17. How do I know I will like my coins when they are done?
The process we go through in the design phase of your coin ensures that we make the coin exactly how you had imagined it. We use the best metals available, NO POT METAL, so you get the best coin available.
18. Can you get very small detail on my custom coins?
Yes, in most cases. Keep in mind that coin sizes play a large role in this. A 1″ coin won’t allow for quite the degree of detail that a 2.5″ coin will, of course. If details turn out to be too small to show using the regular process, we have silk screening available. This process allows for exact & finest detail.
19. Can Pride Coins help me to choose the best design options for my coin?
Yes, we will be more than glad to help. We have made hundreds of thousands of coins and can help give you a good idea on what will and will not look good on a coin. We always like to give our “two cents” just to ensure you will get the best coin possible.
20. “I already placed my order, but have to postpone it..can I do that?
No problem – we know that emergencies/sudden changes can happen. Simply let us know within 48 hrs, so we can halt production. We’ll confirm with you to put your mind at rest.